Broadening the Definition of EIM ‘Automation’
Many content and information management vendors are talking about, and embracing, automation. But what exactly do they mean by 'automation'? Generally, they’re referring to the computer performing a sequence of tasks that were previously performed manually by an employee. In short, workflow engines. Workflow engines remove repetitive, time-intensive steps - thus freeing the employee to focus on more meaningful work. Alogent’s EIM platform, FASTdocs, provides a workflow engine to automate processes, but…
At Alogent, we are broadening the definition of 'automation' to encompass a suite of techniques and features that allow our software to reduce the number of time-intensive manual steps, whenever you interact with our product.
How are we doing this? Let’s take a look at what we're working on:
Integrations (API's): External-facing web API's that allow the integration of other systems with FASTdocs. These provide a seamless experience between your “normal” applications and FASTdocs to reduce all the print, scan, browse, and other manual steps.
- While working within your Core, you can search for and display a document stored within FASTdocs. This frees you from having to open, navigate, and key into the FASTdocs app.
- Microsoft Integrations
- Email-in: You or your vendors can email directly into FASTdocs. A monitored email, for example: "FASTdocsAccounting@yourFI.com", can be used to save emails or attachments directly into FASTdocs. This can be helpful for invoices, expense reports, and other frequently received documents.
- Save-As: From a Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, etc.), save the file directly into a FASTdocs department or customer folder, without entering FASTdocs.
- Utilizing our DocuSign API, take signed and completed documents directly from the DocuSign servers and automatically store them into FASTdocs, freeing you from that manual task.
Once a document is scanned in, FASTdocs, automatically via machine learning, determines what the document type. Is it a Loan Application? Is it a Signature Card? Once the type of document is determined, the system 'knows' what information to extract from the document for indexing and storage. This reduces manual classification and indexing of ALL scanned documents down to EXCEPTION documents. A significant task reduction and cost savings.
Customer Self-Serve Features and Functionality:
- From your Home Banking website, the financial institution can place a window into FASTdocs. This window is available after the customer authenticates into Home Banking. With this, the FI can share statements, tax documents, terms and conditions, and other documents. The FI decides which high-touch FASTdocs files to share and lets the customer self-serve based on his requirements.
- WebShare eDelivery
- This is our paperless statement notification service. When a statement (or any defined document) is stored for a customer, the system sends an email notification that the statement (or document) is available. This saves printing and postage. Customers, from their Home Banking site, can opt-in/out from this service without involving anyone at the FI in the process.
- WebShare Upload
- Many times, the FI needs documents from their customers. This feature allows the customer using the FI's Home Banking site, at home or via mobile, to send requested documents securely back to the FI and into FASTdocs.
- Expired Docs:
- When storing a document in FASTdocs, the user can set the document's expiration date. This is perfect for items such as Driver's Licenses. When the expiration date arrives, an email is automatically sent to the customer that a replacement is needed. The customer, using WebShare Upload, can return the requested replacement document into FASTdocs.
If your FI has processes that can be documented (or diagramed out) because they are repeatable and predictable, these processes are candidates for Alogent’s workflow automation.
- Automate repetitive tasks and rule-based decisions.
- Route files and exceptions to the right people automatically.
- Manage complex approval processes.
- Eliminate repetitive, low-value tasks with a process automation solution.
As you can see based on the sheer number of end-to-end features described above, Alogent is taking a more holistic approach to delivering automation to our customer-base. When interacting with FASTdocs, our EIM solution, we are going beyond just workflow and further into automating and streamlining all the touchpoints.